Thursday, February 12, 2009

व्रितिंग इन बेद

Dr. Thomas was wearing an 'of Montreal' t-shirt in class today. And now I'm listening to their record as I sit here in bed. What if I had never bought this CD on a whim at Aquarius Records? I would be missing out on so many insider underground cultural references. We watched a film, "Man with a Movie Camera," by Vertov. It was beautiful and the music was great, but I just wanted to sleep. But not with Dr. Thomas. Or did I already? I must have seen him on Daddyhunt or Craigslist or some backroom somewhere. He kind of looks like an Eagle Tavern kind of guy with his build and his facial hair, but his fashion screams pop culture arbiter. He's complex, he's a Doctor. Today was good. Did I mention that? It all starts with good intentions. Up early, out the door early. I was rounding the corner from 17th to Lakeshore, looking at the sun flashing on Lake Merritt, and then that cute guy smiled at me and said hi. I smiled and I think I said hi back, but whether it was audible or not I can't be sure. I have that problem. I always forget most people can't read lips. He' s beautiful. How can I track him down? Facebook? But I don't know his name. I did track down a cousin in Louisiana that I haven't talked to in fifteen years. I think he's a hipster! He was happy to hear from me. I'm so curious about all the insane things that have happened in my absence. In particular, I wonder what's going on with my father. Do I want to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment