Sunday, July 5, 2009

hill castle

The truth is my whole life is dependent on credit. Without my credit cards and student loans life as I know it would be over. But I'm not sure that would be a bad thing. I'm worried about running out of cash before I get my student loan money when the fall semester starts so I use my credit card to buy groceries. The cute one, the one with the reproduction of the impressionist painting "Paris: A Rainy Day." And that's fitting because that painting captures the time of the rise of consumerism. People say, I like your credit card and I say thanks. I can hardly take a walk without having a shopping goal in mind. And if I don't find something, anything, then it feels like a waste of time. That's why walking to Whole Foods is always a good option. I can always find something in that dump.

The fireworks are starting, it must be the forth of july. My neighbor, the one who can't call herself gay or even bi, even though she did have a relationship with a woman for six years, invites me to the roof to watch the fireworks with her friend from the east coast. They're both psych nurses. Scary, I say. What's really scary is that she's sixty and has absolutely no wrinkles. I didn't even know we could go on the roof. Isn't the roof slanted? This is a tudor style building after all but I guess the key word is style. The slant is just an effect, it's all flat on top. I can't believe I've never been up here. I adore rooftops. The views, the privacy. I'm way more excited about the rooftop than the fireworks. I mean I'm not at all excited about the fireworks but I'm trying to be friendly. More people arrive to enjoy the spectacle. We think we might have to hit the ground because of the errant rockets being fired from other roofs.

No comments:

Post a Comment