Saturday, June 20, 2009

when a diva goes hiking...


Things are so desperate I apply for a job at starbucks. Black polo, black or khaki pants, black shoes. Can you deal with the dress code? If you give me some free coffee I can deal with anything. Can you deal with people younger than you giving you orders? Sounds exciting. I'm not sure if I wowed him. I really tried to bring it, but those starbucks corporation questions are tough. I did get a free tall soy latte, so it wasn't for nothing.
Hiking in point reyes with henri is gorgeous. Maybe the best part is the next day, waking up with those images of grazing elk, wildflowers, the ocean, and the hills, still in my mind. And what about those giant black beetles, the weasel, and that snake! Or course I scream. But no divas are injured on this hike. We walk for miles and miles. About eight, I think. And I'm tired before we even begin. But then when you start going, you start forgetting. Everything.
Watching The Ice Storm for laughs and Sigourney Weaver is a revelation. No kidding! She can really chew the scenery. But then again everyone else in the film is a sucking bore. But the best part and the real reason that I adore, I mean j'adore, Sigorney is that she has the most gorgeous yellow teeth you've ever seen in the movies! Thank you lady S. for keeping it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment