Monday, June 22, 2009

have a wonderful evening

If only, if only I could. The first time I came to san Francisco I had platinum colored hair. And platinum colored eyebrows. Not really a good look for me. I had wanted to dye it blonde, but jesse insisted on platinum. If you’re gonna go blonde, you might as well go all the way. Well, I’m all about all the way, so I said hit it. And he really did me up. Burnt my scalp and the whole nine. This is in Lubbock, Texas at the Looking Glass Hair Salon. The salon is in downtown, the storefront of an abandoned hotel. It’s a huge building, must be ten stories and that’s tall for Lubbock. We walk through it once and it is predictably creepy. Rooms in disarray, curtains gently flapping. Dusty red brick streets and dusty red sky, that’s Lubbock. What’s that smell? Fuck, it’s burning. I mean, that smell is cow shit, but my scalp is burning. Rinse it out, I can’t take anymore. We go to lunch at this sort of upscale restaurant. The mother and daughter at the table next to us stare. And if I remember correctly I might have flipped them off in the parking lot. Those bitches. We dyed my hair because I was going to San Francisco. Now I’m moving back to San Francisco next month. Maybe a dye job is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment