Sunday, April 12, 2009

venti screwdivers

The Gangway is a revelation, but the swarms of hipsters outside don't have a clue. They're lining up in the cold for the art show next door, while we slip into the warmth of Tenderloin decay. The crowd is divided between the elderly sitting at the bar and the kids on the makeshift dance floor in the back. There's so much to look at. It's my first time! And look I'm wearing my hat which is like being in disguise. Maybe I've never been to San Francisco before. Maybe I'm not even me. But first I've got to get my Absolut screwdriver and then I'll decide. Can you make it a Venti, please? Henri's disappointed because the queer metal/punk/alternative night is no longer going on. That's if it ever was to begin with, you know what I'm saying? We meet Venice and Jesus, and their sugar daddy. Venice wants to know where we usually go? We usually just stay at home, which is hilarious! He can't believe we haven't seen him at the Powerhouse because he's "hard to miss." But easy to "dismiss," I'd say. Love the eyeliner, but the attitude has got to go. I'm strangely attracted to the sugar daddy. He looks really sweet and I'm guessing he's probably abused and unloved by Venice and Jesus. I could love him better, but thankfully, I already got a job. The music wavers, the kids are a bore, and the regulars are just much too much. Thankfully, there's always the soma sleaze bars to fulfill a girl's dreams. And off we go...

2 comments:

  1. Yes yes but that night in question did used to exist -- and sometimes there are swarms of (gay) hipsters standing outside the Gangway too, oh no!

    If only there wasn't all that smoking outside...

    Love --
    mattilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept thinking that the Gangway would be the perfect location for your weekly party! If not for the smoke, of course. But talk about Tenderloin realness, honey. That's the real deal!

    ReplyDelete