Friday, January 23, 2009

17th street

God I really must be addicted to the internet. Or maybe I'm addicted to loneliness, because the internet makes me feel lonely. Why am I not doing something productive, something that contributes to the world. Because I'm lonely. 17th street is lonely, so quiet. I thought I was the most lonely person ever, but then I passed that old lady on the street. She was right out of central casting, I mean she really had that borderline homeless, borderline crazy look down pat. There she was on the corner of jackson and 17th, all hunched over talking to that black cat that's always around. That made me feel better. I bought some new shoes. The sales guy told me they were goat skin. I told him that was a turn off, but he didn't laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment